Kitchen Mixers And Mmf

Baking By kermitncupcake Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 4:01pm by LindaF144a

kermitncupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kermitncupcake Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:24am
post #1 of 3

Hi all.
Im thinking of trying the Jello MMF recipe in the recipe section.
I dont have a Kitchen Aid mixer, just a standard generic brand hand held one. Does it really make a difference??

2 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:37am
post #2 of 3

Yes. You will burn up a HH trying to mix fondant. Have you ever made bread? If so, you can make fondant by hand. Be sure to grease everything (including the bowl) with solid veg shortening and repeat when necessary. Helpful to wear gloves, also.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 3

The first time I made MMF fondant I did it all by hand, no mixer. It's not as hard as it sounds. The worst part was I kept hitting my head on the cabinet over the counter. I found it better to use a desk height counter space rather than a waist high counter space. Every time I bent forward to knead the fondant I would hit my head. It took a couple of time doing that before I got smart and watched myself. It should have taken only once!

Plus you have to grease the countertop and that leaves a little bit of a mess to clean up, but it is a lot better than burning out the motor of your one and ony mixer like minicuppie said.

Also I didn't wear gloves, I just greased my hands. But I'm not making this for professional use. If I was I would have to wear gloves per the laws in my state. Being it was just for me and my family and I cook all my food without wearing gloves, I just washed with soap and water before and after.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%