Will It Be Dry In Time?

Decorating By yummy Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 4:07pm by yummy

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:36am
post #1 of 3

Hi all. I just got asked to do a last minute cake for Tuesday to be picked up at 4:30 pm. It's only a 8" square and I've had one in the freezer since Thursday; great I don't have to bake.

She wants stars on cake with stars on wires and a bow. I have a little bit of gumpaste that I made a few months ago. It's the Nicholas Lodge recipe and it's been in double plastic wrap, a bag and in an air tight container. Since it won't be eaten, is it still good?

I'm making Rhonda's ultimate mmf tomorrow morning for the stars on the cake. I was thinking of adding some mmf to the gumpaste to allow me some time to work with the bow and stars on wire. Is this neccessary; do I have to let the mmf rest before I add it to the gumpaste? Or can I make all this with 100%gu mpaste without it drying too fast on me? Whether I use all gumpaste or mmf/gum will the pieces be dry by Tuesday 4:00 pm? Thanks.

2 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 5:13am
post #2 of 3

You really do need to let the MMF rest overnight at least before using it BUT the gumpaste should be fine since it's been wrapped well and it shouldn't dry so fast that you can't make the stars out of it but certainly dry fast enough to be dry in time. good luck! Cat

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%