Floor Steamers

Lounge By sweetcakes Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 7:18am by Cakerer

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:32am
post #1 of 8

does any one have one that they recommend? i have ceramic tiles, commercial tiles and hard wood floors to clean. I recently saw the Haan model and it had a good write up, anyone have this? Im just wondering if the steam just ends up soaking the cloth and making a watery mess.

7 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 8

i don't know about the haan but i have a shark and it doesn't make a watery mess, it actually works really good and I would think on tiles it would be awesome. we use it much less now though because i have bamboo floors and i think it might have taken the finish off?...or something...i don't know for sure but just something to keep in mind re your wood floors =)

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:56am
post #3 of 8

my sister inlaw has the haan and says it isnt what she expected....

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:02am
post #4 of 8

I really love my shark! I have hardwood and tile and vinyl and it's great on all of them. Dries pretty much instantly. Now I want the smaller portable hand version!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 8

I also have the steam shark and love it! I use it on my linoleum and hardwood floors and have no problems with it.

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:08am
post #6 of 8

I have the Bissell (the green one) and love it. I use it on tile and vinyl flooring - dries fast and no chemical odors!

Karen

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 8

I just got a Shark a few months ago and told DH it was the best money I ever spent!! No more mops for me!

My parents bought one to use on their hardwood floors throughout their house and the rep from the company that did the floors for them said NEVER use a steamer on the hardwood because water gets down in the cracks and can ruin it. They returned it the next day.

However, I love mine on linoleum! So worth it! thumbs_up.gif

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 7:18am
post #8 of 8

I have a shark steam pocket mop and love love love it. I only use it on my linoleum because I wasn't sure about the hardwood..I've only had it about a month.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%