Baking And Storing Brownies

Decorating By ShopGrl1128 Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 1:47pm by -K8memphis

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 5

Hello friends:

I will be selling cupcakes at a local street fair next week and I've been thinking of selling brownies too but since I've never baked large quantities before I'm not sure of the proper way to store them to keep them fresh.

Can I bake them ahead of time (couple of days) -pack and refrigerate or
do they need to be baked the day before of the sale, pack and leave outside in a box?

TIA!

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:46am
post #2 of 5

are you planning on baking brownies from scratch or a modified box? Both have a different shelf life in my experience.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

are you planning on baking brownies from scratch or a modified box? Both have a different shelf life in my experience.

Ohh, interesting...I haven't decided yet. What would work better for each?

Thank you!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:27am
post #4 of 5

You need to bake each kind and then try your different options for storage and make that determination for yourself.

I mean I like my brownies as fresh as possible. I would keep mine out at room temp myself--but everybody's recipes and humidity and ingredients and minutiae are different.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 5

And I mean honestly--in my area it has been heat advisory hot here like 110 on the discomfort index--they tell people to stay indoors--so I avoid baked goods from the FM because I feel they are prolly twice baked aka half melted which stales them pronto like a cinnamon roll or bread something like that.

So ordinarily I would hate a friged brownie but depending on the circumstances I might appreciate someone keeping my sweet treat from melting.

There's just so many variables--and you might incorportate that as a marketing tool too--maybe keep some stuff for display and keep the rest in a controlled environment so it's more appealing to purchasers.

So many variables.

Good luck to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%