Emergency Help For Fondant Bow...

Decorating By Lanette89 Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 2:51pm by southernswthrt

Lanette89 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 6

I have been working on a cake that I have to deliver in about 3 hrs. My mmf fondant bow will not set... Help!!! What can I do? It's a for a baby shower...

5 replies
cakesrock Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have crinkled up the saran wrap stuck inside the loops? I had the same trouble and I transported the cake with the saran wrap in the loops and took it out just before I presented it. It helped to set it. Now I always put a little gumtex powder in my MMF to help it set better.

Allidsk8 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 6

Try putting it in your oven with just the light on. It's warm and dry enough that it helps harden the fondant but not hot enough to melt it.Hope it helps. It's been raining here for days so that's what I did with my bow worked great.

LindaF144a Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanette89

I have been working on a cake that I have to deliver in about 3 hrs. My mmf fondant bow will not set... Help!!! What can I do? It's a for a baby shower...

I am taking a Wilton class where we combine fondant with gum paste. The gum paste helps the fondant to set. I don't think fondant ever really dries hard enough for a bow. It stays pliable to be able to cut through. I know for sure that MMF won't harden. I've used it many times before.

It's probably too late to help you now. Sorry.

Lanette89 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the ideas... I am willing to try anything at this point... It has been raining non-stop here and the humidity is horrid...

southernswthrt Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 6

Not sure what you can do in 3 hrs...sorry

I also mix tylose with my fondant when making the loops. It does help it to dry much faster...but then again...I let my loops hang on a "dryer" (pvc) for several days before I use them. I usuallly assemble the bow the day before using candy melts for the glue and stick in in the freezer for a few minutes between layers...

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%