Chocolate Displays?

Sugar Work By motherofgrace Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 2:21pm by motherofgrace

motherofgrace Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 2:57am
post #1 of 8

Hi there!

I make funky cake pops. And i made some displays, and the MELTED! Any ideas on how to seal it so they dont melt?

7 replies
indydebi Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 11:50am
post #2 of 8

what are funky cake pops? How did you make them? Was it icing or fondant or chocolate that melted? What kind of temp/room/environment were they sitting in? How long were they sitting out? Were they wrapped in plastic bags, or saran or just exposed?

Echooo3 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 8

Make dummies to use for your displays. Make them out of plaster of paris or something like that and paint/decorate. Keep the real things in a cooler.

motherofgrace Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 8

i made them out of clay. it was the chocoalte on the outside that started to melt.

And they were exposed, do you think if i packaged them it would help?

My sister was saying to try hairspray?

Echooo3 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 12:56pm
post #5 of 8

I wouldn't put chocolate on them due to the heat. Use some paint that looks like chocolate.

I work with someone that makes chocolates and she has dummie displays that look just like chocolate but it's all fake.

motherofgrace Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 8

ok thanks!

How do i get it to look like chocolate tho? dip them in paint?

Echooo3 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 2:05pm
post #7 of 8

Wish I could answer that one. You will have to experiment. Maybe someone else on here will have the answer.

I work in a commerical kitchen and the person I speak of does chocolates but I've never seen "how" it's done, I just know it's all fake.

motherofgrace Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 2:21pm
post #8 of 8

thanks icon_smile.gif

Im wondering if i can colour some craft plaster and use that????

Quote by @%username% on %date%