Great Story On Sugarshack Buttercream Frosting

Baking By KayMc Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 2:49am by penguinprincess

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 7

We had our annual neighborhood picnic today. I took a WASC (divided into 4 layers and filled w/ creamy strawberry filling) cake. I made a huge bright yellow loopy gumpaste bow for the top of the cake, and had gum paste flowers and leaves on the side. I also had both rims covered with a white pearl Fondarific border. Oh, and the frosting was SugarShack's bc frosting.

The oohs and aahhs were so gratifying! The school-bus-yellow bow was eye catching, so everyone noticed and commented. One of my neighbors was eating my cake, and said that you could always tell the difference between REAL icing like mine, and the 'whipped crap' from grocery stores like Sams or Walmart. I agreed with her, and never told her that there wasn't butter in my frosting. I do use the hi-ratio, so there is no greasy feel, and fabulous flavor! Thank you SugarShack for this great recipe! AND, it held up very well in extreme humidity and high 90's heat.

6 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:09am
post #2 of 7

Great top hear! Nothing like happy customers!

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:18am
post #3 of 7

YEA!!!! Happy for you it all went so well...and you got to hear about it!

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:26am
post #4 of 7

it's the best! best consistency, best flavor

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:28am
post #5 of 7

I am sorry to hijack this thread- But I would like to ask a question that I was getting ready to post when I saw this thread.

Sharon,
Do you recommend a certain brand of Hi-Ratio Shortening? I have found Alpine and Kitchen Crafts. And I have heard of Sweetex on the CC boards. Which do you use?

Thank you for sharing your recipes and all of your helpful info I have seen you give on other threads.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:44am
post #6 of 7

sweetex all the way for me, but alpine is a close 2nd.

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:49am
post #7 of 7

Thank you, Sharon! We are going on vacation next month-hoping to pick it up in Utah at a cake supply store. Shipping is crazy to get that to me.

Thank you again!
And thank you to KayMc for starting this thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%