Wedding "sheet Cakes"

Decorating By Abbiedal Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 2:02am by pattycakesnj

Abbiedal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbiedal Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 6

quick question When doing this kitchen wedding sheetcakes are they like a regular 2 layer filled cake or are they just 1 frosted layer? and if their 1 layer is it a 2 in. Sorry it sounds dumb but I was just wondering what the average way of doing it was??? Thanks

5 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 6

I think everyone has their own way of handling it, especially when it comes to pricing.

My kitchen/sheet cakes are made to mimic the display cake, exactly. If the tiers are 4" high with 3 layers of filling, iced in buttercream w/fondant, then I do the kitchen cakes the same way--don't want any guests to feel that they got sloppy seconds......

My valuation of the 2 types of cake is the same--that also stops people from trying to go on the "cheap" by asking for a mini wedding cake and 400 "kitchen" cake servings.................

Rae

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 6

What did the bride request/pay for??

Abbiedal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbiedal Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:14am
post #4 of 6

this is for a family member its not a paying customer because she is having about 200 guests someone suggested to me to make sheet cakes and do a dummy wedding cake.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:34am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbiedal

... someone suggested to me to make sheet cakes and do a dummy wedding cake.

Did they say why they thought this would be a good idea? Decorating a dummy is just as much work and expense as decorating a real cake. The only thing you save is time baking. But if you're going to make sheet cakes as well, you don't even save that.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 2:02am
post #6 of 6

I do what blakescakes does, same price per serving as the wedding cake and same structure, if it is 2 layers, then kitchen cake is too, etc

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%