Airbrush Machines

Decorating By mahal50881 Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 12:22am by tesso

mahal50881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahal50881 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 5

I'm looking into purchasing my first ever airbrush machine and I need help. There are just so many options out there. Can anyone recommend one that won't cost me a fortune but still works great? Is it better for me to get one that comes with a color set?

4 replies
mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 5

DH gave me an Americolor airbrush for Christmas. It is totally sweet!! I have no idea how much he paid for it though. All I know is that I love it!!! No more thying to get red or black fondant! I just spray it on. icon_lol.gif

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 5

I got one from Harbor Freight... Guess I'm a cheapo... I don't like to spend too much on supplies but want them to work great. So far, I'm very happy with it. I've had it for about 9 months.

babzilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babzilla Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:20am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeInfatuation

I got one from Harbor Freight... Guess I'm a cheapo... I don't like to spend too much on supplies but want them to work great. So far, I'm very happy with it. I've had it for about 9 months.

I too went to Harbor Freight. You can't beat their prices. However, when I looked at the packages, they said that there were lead parts and I was afraid that those would leach into the color. So I went with the more expensive food grade ones from TCP.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:22am
post #5 of 5

check out tcp.global.com type cake into the search. then click onthe icon of the cake and look at all the fun airbrushes that are food safe!! some great deals on there. Where I got mine.

Their DVD on airbrushing is good too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%