Sturdy Cake Boxes

Business By KKristy Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 11:10am by tokazodo

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 14

Where does everyone purchase their cake boxes ? I'm looking for bulk quantity, sturdy ones ( not the flimsy wilton type). Without ordering tons of samples from all over the place, I thought I would ask here....the ones you would suggest ( or avoid !).
Brp box shop, papermart, or others ?

13 replies
robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 14

All I've ever used are the Wilton ones, so I'd love to hear some feedback too! icon_smile.gif

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 14

There are some posts that say the BRP Box Shop has great prices and boxes. Sorry I can't find the post right now.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 14

Wilton boxes are horrible I am sure you know that by now. I buy them locally or I really like the boxes from PME they are 2 pieces and very sturdy they also come with a board. Little pricey though. I get them through CK Products Though Global sugar art might have them

KKristy Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks psurrette - I will look them up this afternoon !

Anyone else have suggestions - that they have personally used ?

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 14

I use is BRP Box Shop...Their boxes are fabulous as well as the prices. Not to mention the customer service is always outstanding.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 8:12am
post #7 of 14

sams has half and full sheet boxes, ask at the bakery, you have to buy by the case

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 9:13am
post #8 of 14

I just tried BRP's 10 samples for $10. Pics and my thoughts here:

http://cakeoricandothat.blogspot.com/2010/06/brp-box-shop.html

You'll see I got a 10x10x4, x5, and x6. The design slightly differed as the dimensions changed.

Mindy1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mindy1975 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:23am
post #9 of 14

I get mine from Global Sugar Art. They are a lot stronger than Wilton. I just want to laugh at the Wilton sheet cake boxes. WHat I like about the ones from GSA, is that you can order a case, or you can order 5 at a time of every size, and they are still a better price than what you will find in the store. I recommend their cake circles too. Still a better price, if you don't want to order cases of stuff.

KKristy Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 12:11pm
post #10 of 14

Metria - thanks for the link to your research ! It was very helpful !
Mindy- I love Global Sugar Art too- I will have to check out the prices on bulk boxes (they have great customer service !).

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 12:23pm
post #11 of 14

Papermart and Nashville Wraps

ljslight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljslight Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 12:40pm
post #12 of 14

I bought some at Web restrant supply and was VERY happy with it. I ordered 2 cases of 1/2 sheet cake boxes and 1 of them had water damage, just 1 box in the bundle was bad. I emailed them and they sent me for free a case of 50 more.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/search/1/2%20sheet%20cake%20box.html

MicheleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicheleH Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:27am
post #13 of 14

I have always gotten my boxes at papermart.com and have loved them! The shipping can be a little pricey but I try to order more than I need so that I only twice a year or so.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:10am
post #14 of 14

Wow! This is awesome!

In the past, I have just gone to the supermarket and asked for cardboard boxes they were going to throw away.
I've also used beer flats or soda flats. (a half a box which holds 24 cans of soda/beer)

2 boxes will hold a 13X9 inch cake comfortably.
4 boxes cut lengthwise and taped together will hold a half a sheet cake.

I also grab up any tp or paper towel boxes, cut into circles or cake boards and wrap with 2 layers of freezer paper. (shiney side out)
It's time consuming, but very cheap.
My cake sales are going to increase by volume, so I think I'm going to have to start purchasing cake boxes/circles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%