Can You Help Me With These Flowers?

Decorating By debbs0723 Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 4:11pm by debbs0723

debbs0723 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 6

Hello. I have been asked to recreate this wedding cake. I'm not sure where the bride got this cake so it might have been from one of the cake artist in here. I was just wondering what kinds of little flowers these are and if there is a cutter for these. I can't tell whether they are royal icing and piped or gumpaste and cut, which is what I'm hoping for. Can anyone help me?

I'm very experienced in fondant with birthday cakes but this is my first real wedding cake. I've done an anniversary cake in all white fondant which was essentially just like a wedding cake. I have not done the draping (I guess that is what it is called) along the bottom of the tiers either so any advice on that would be appreciated.

Thank you,

5 replies
cake-angel Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 6
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 6

To make the draped part, measure around the cake and divide it into the number of sections you want it to have. Then cut pieces of fondant to that length, and all to the same width...about four times wider than you want the drape to be. Use dowels under and on top of the fondant to make the pleat, then take out the dowels, pinch the ends and put the piece on the cake.

debbs0723 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much everybody. I started looking through my stuff and found the apple blossom cutters in a few different sizes in another flower cutter gum paste set I bought awhile back.


Quote by @%username% on %date%