Refurbished Kitchen Aid?????????

Decorating By Katie1985 Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 2:38pm by CookieD-oh

Katie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie1985 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 7:45am
post #1 of 9

I'm fairly new to baking and I only make cakes for family and friends so I can't justify spending $300+ on a kitchen aid, especially on my budget!!! However, today I went Kitchen Collection and noticed they sell refurbished 5qt mixers for $199.00 (with my $10 coupon it would be $189!!!). Does anyone have experience with refurbished kitchen aid mixers? problems? happy stories? please share!!!!!! thanks

8 replies
cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 9:57am
post #2 of 9

Hi ~ I bought one once and a ''couple years'' afterward it started making ''LOUD''
noises. I called Kitchen Aid and told them what was going on. She had me
hold the phone up and turn the machine on so she could listen to it. I only did
it for a couple of seconds. When I got back on the phone with her she promptly
said she would send a new Kitchen Aid and have the other picked up. Oh, I also
told her it was about 2 yrs old and I didn't have a receipt!! In 2 days I had a
brand new Kitchen Aid pro 600. This happend about 4 years ago.
I say buy it, should anything go wrong with it, they really stand behind their
products. HTH

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 11:05am
post #3 of 9

I bought a "refurb" Pro 600 from Kitchen Collection over a year ago and have had no issues with it.

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 9

I have had a KA for well over 20 years and decided that every woman should have one so I bought 3 refurbished KA from the Kitchen Aid website 3 or 4 years ago and gave them to my DILs for Christmas (wish I would have bought an extra to save for my daughter whom is now married). They all love them, and as far as I know, have never had a problem with them. I am even considering sending mine in to have it gone over but I don't want to have to go without it for even a second.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 9

I purchased a refurbished 6 qt. Kitchen Aid from their outlet in Greenville, Ohio (only about an hour from me.) Even got additional discount with my AAA card. Haven't had any problems with it. They often have other items such as bowls for $5. Cute town and fun trip.

cutelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutelove Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 9

I got a K A the thing broke on me I called K A up and they sent me a new one they stand behind there product

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 2:09pm
post #7 of 9

Mine was refurbished...I bought it new but our house flooded and the KA was destroyed along with everything else. Took it in, had it repaired, and it has worked like a champ for me ever since. Like everyone else said, KA definitely stands behind their product. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a refurbished mixer.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 2:25pm
post #8 of 9

My father-in-law bought me a refurbished KA about 7 years ago, and I had no problems with it. I gave it to my mom last year when I upgraded mine to the larger model. I love the KA stand mixer and don't think you can go wrong in purchasing one either way! You'll love it!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 2:38pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occther

I purchased a refurbished 6 qt. Kitchen Aid from their outlet in Greenville, Ohio (only about an hour from me.) Even got additional discount with my AAA card. Haven't had any problems with it. They often have other items such as bowls for $5. Cute town and fun trip.

Ditto. If you're near there and you can make the trip, I reccomend it. If you go during the town's "Annie Oakley Days" celebration, (in July, I believe) you get lots of free stuff thrown in. When I bought my refurbed mixer there, I got a free extra bowl, measuring spoons, grinder attachment kit and some silicone hot-pad thingies.

Anyway, the mixer works fine. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%