Designing Your Cakes

Decorating By iris219 Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 9:18pm by iris219

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:30am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone use a computer design software to help them sketch out their cake designs? I can't draw for beans and have a software called coral paint shop pro and was just wondering if you can sketch cakes on this software.

I haven't used it much at all and use to use it to make teabag tiles for card making. (don't remember how to do that anymore).

Or if anyone knows of a good software they use to design their cakes on their computer it would be very helpful. Thank you.

3 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 3:05am
post #2 of 4

I don't use the computer...I carry a sketch pad and colored pencils with me everywhere. I don't draw very well but well enough to get the point across for the client. Sorry I don't have any tips for you! Cat

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 3:46am
post #3 of 4

I've used the Wedding Cake Design Pro software and it works pretty good. Even used it to give a bride three options based on the colors and general look she wanted. I have Paint Shop Pro too, and think it would be a lot more work to do it in there, though you would have more choices with colors and brushes. That program would work best if you have a tablet that you can use a pen to draw with.

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks KSMill - will have to look into Wedding Cake Design Pro. Was it fairly easy to use?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%