Almond Extract In Bettercreme???

Baking By kcepenney Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 1:27am by Karen421

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 5

So I made this almond filling for my cake and it tastes terrible. Can I add Almond extract to bettercreme? If so...how much should I add??? It is only for a 9" hexagon.

TIA~

4 replies
Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 5

I add almond all the time - it is the only kind my DD likes. It depends on the buttercreme recipe, and I don't measure any more. I add some vanilla, then some almond.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 5

Almond is kind of a 'wierd' taste, and you either love it or hate it. Are you sure you want to use it again, if you didn't like the filling? I queried a lot of my family, and found only one person who liked almond flavoring. I always substitute it with pure vanilla instead.

ladycakes85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycakes85 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 5

We use Rich's Bettercreme at work, and just use about a teaspoon mixed in. We've never had a complaint about it. And now Rich's offers a Chocolate Bettercreme and almond mixed into it is really good too icon_smile.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:27am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

Almond is kind of a 'wierd' taste, and you either love it or hate it. Are you sure you want to use it again, if you didn't like the filling? I queried a lot of my family, and found only one person who liked almond flavoring. I always substitute it with pure vanilla instead.

That is so true, I said it is my DD's favorite, It is!!! She thinks it taste's like chocolate covered cherries and won't eat any other buttercreme. (weird!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%