Help: Mini Dessert Ideas For Wedding

Decorating By joy7 Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 11:04pm by joy7

joy7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy7 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 19

Hi All,

My friend asked me to make some mini desserts to have on a dessert table for her wedding. I am also in the wedding party so I need some ideas and recipes for mini desserts that are easy and quick to make, and that I can make at least 2 days in advance.

Please help!!!

18 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 19

PB tarts (Indydebi's recipe) -peanut butter cookie dough put into a mini muffin tin, bake for about 10 min., as soon as the edges start to brown, take them out and shove a peanut butter cup (mini) into the centers.....allow to cool a few minutes before removing from the pan. SOOOOO GOOOD!!!

Bake lemon cake mix in a mini muffin tin (no paper liners), when they're cool, flip them over and coat w/ an icing made from powered sugar and lemon juice, just til it's able to pour. Let them set up and serve. Could garnish with edible flowers too. YUMMY

Chocolate dipped strawberries are popular!

What about buying mini tart shells (already made in freezer section) and just filling them with the already made no bake-cheesecake filling found in the dairy aisle? Could garnish with fresh berries or shaved chocolate OR BOTH!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 19

mini cheesecakes are the best... about 1 tsp. crushed nilla wafer crumbs in the bottom of paper lined mini-muffin cups. 2 pks softened cream cheese, 3/4 c sugar, 1 stp vanilla and 2 eggs. pipe into muffin cups on top of nilla crumbs. bake at 350 for 15 min. top with anything - canned cherry pie filling, strawberry jam, caramel and pecans, chocolate, lemon curd, etc. etc.

Laura78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura78 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 19

mini chocolate tart shells filled with small berries or truffles. mini brownie cupcakes with either a caramel hershey kiss pushed in after baking or i use peanut butter cups also

NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 19

To add to the chocolate dipped strawberries: fill them with cheesecake before dipping. You can buy (or make) a plain cheesecake, cut off the top of the strawberry, and stuff. Then, dip in chocolate. They're DELICIOUS!

MomMiller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomMiller Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 19

These sound incredible, what an awesome idea!

To add to the chocolate dipped strawberries: fill them with cheesecake before dipping. You can buy (or make) a plain cheesecake, cut off the top of the strawberry, and stuff. Then, dip in chocolate.[quote]

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 19

Cake Pops...I have made these for weddings and especially at Christmas time:

Bake any cake mix or any cake you want...Use the pre-made frosting, unless you want to make your own...just thinking about ease, here. I do use store bought at Christmas.

When your cake is warm (NOT HOT)...break up and drop in all the frosting. Mix together. Form into balls...stick lolipop sticks in and freeze. When time permits...melt some chocolate and dip them entirely and set on parchment.

DONE!!!

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:01am
post #8 of 19

I made a mini dessert buffet for my company holiday party in December. It included mini pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese icing; mini cheesecakes with assorted fruit toppings; mini pecan tarts; individual death by chocolate (chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, toffee bits, whipped cream layered in small glasses/cups) and individual tiramisu (italian ladyfingers with marscapone cheese in small glasses/cups). It was a big hit!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:24am
post #9 of 19

don't forget mini cookies for the kids and for those who want "just a bite" of something sweet. Use a small cookie scoop and they turn out about the size of a half dollar.

GFS/Sams/Sysco ... all have great pre-made mini desserts such as cheesecakes, dessert bars, etc.

Dip maraschino cherries in white chocolate.... these are really fabulous!!
Here's a pic ..... dry the cherries with a paper towel; dip twice.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55969028@N00/412280187/

MomMiller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomMiller Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm
post #10 of 19

Looked through all your pictures IndyDebi, very nice! thumbs_up.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 7:43pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

don't forget mini cookies for the kids and for those who want "just a bite" of something sweet. Use a small cookie scoop and they turn out about the size of a half dollar.

GFS/Sams/Sysco ... all have great pre-made mini desserts such as cheesecakes, dessert bars, etc.

Dip maraschino cherries in white chocolate.... these are really fabulous!!
Here's a pic ..... dry the cherries with a paper towel; dip twice.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55969028@N00/412280187/

Why have I never heard of your PB Tarts?? I bought the pb cups yesterday to try them... icon_biggrin.gif Here's one noone expects and is truly delicious.. Big plump blackberries.. droped into that white chocolate. Better put the whole thing into your mouth, or else have stains on your shirt.. icon_biggrin.gif

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:25pm
post #12 of 19

I really like doing the choc covered oreos--they can be made up way ahead of time, and you could also decorate them to match the wedding theme. Serve in a cupcake liner.
Will choc dipped strawberries really keep for 2 days??

homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homebasedbaking Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:12pm
post #13 of 19

I really like the tiny cupcake on the My Tartelette website. I have been grabbing ideas from this site for years. http://www.mytartelette.com/
I think the liners are from Novacart, but not really sure.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:36am
post #14 of 19

This is my recipe and I made it for my cousins bridal shower and wedding. The guest's that were at the bridal shower kept asking my aunt if they would have them at the wedding. You need to follow the directions exactly don't rush the set up time like on of the people who left a review. I don't like cutting and filling my strawberries because the juice makes a huge mess. By wrapping the strawberries in cheesecake the do not leak and actually last several days. http://allrecipes.com/PersonalRecipe/62287060/Cheesecake-wrapped-strawberries/Detail.aspx Here is also another yummy dessert. I like to top each cream puff with chocolate ganache. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cream-Puffs/Detail.aspx

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 8:50am
post #15 of 19

I am planing my daughters wedding it is a multi-cultural event, her fiance is from the philipines (his family likes to eat A LOT!) .

Here are some of the minis we are going to be doing,

Coconut macaroons (very easy to make)
mini cupcakes (pina-colada)
petit fours
cheesecake stuffed -choc dipped strawberries
cake mix cookie sandwiches ( mini cake-mix cookies with bettercream filling)
choc dipped marshmallow pops (after dipping in choc roll in different toppings the kids LOVE these)
Cake balls
mini cream puffs (filled with vanilla bettercream flavored with cheesecake pudding mix, then drizzled with melted chocolate)

CakesByLJ Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:52am
post #16 of 19

JaimeAnn.... I am looking forward to my invitation.. icon_biggrin.gif
Seriously, that list looks wonderful~! Good luck and I am sure your guests will be very pleased..

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 7:33pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

JaimeAnn.... I am looking forward to my invitation.. icon_biggrin.gif
Seriously, that list looks wonderful~! Good luck and I am sure your guests will be very pleased..

I forgot the dessert bar will also have

Mini brownie bites
and pumpkin and Zucchini bread cut up into bite sized pieces

Thats just the "sweets" bar.
The full menu is huge, I will be cooking for weeks!

The main entree is Kabobs, chicken , Beef and veggie, so there is something for everyone.

Then add...
Saffron rice
Lumpia
Baked beans
cheese puffs
Sourdough ortega cheese rounds
Fruit kabobs
Deviled eggs
and Pasta salad

Maybe I will be cooking for a month!
Good thing I only have 1 child, there is no way I could do this again.

Filipino weddings are HUGE events and usually go on for a couple of days and they are inviting 120 people , and it is at MY house.

I think I'm gonna be sick icon_cry.gif

And I am making the wedding cake!

Oh lord what have I gotten myself into.

I think I will just go visit Rylan in Vegas instead! icon_wink.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 8:11pm
post #18 of 19

[/i]JaimeAnn.... You need to have your head examined lady~! What were you thinking? icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif What a great Mom to do all that. I can relate though; when my daughter got married I went all out too. I would not have dreamed of letting anyone else do the cake.. and I would do it again. Good luck and try to enjoy every minute of it.. thumbs_up.gif

joy7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy7 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:04pm
post #19 of 19

Thank you everyone for your wonderful ideas! I got some really helpful ideas out of the posts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%