Help I Just Can't Seem To Get This Color

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 8:13am by sweettreat101

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 9

I tried the leaf green and yellow that someone suggested and it's more of a bright spring green. I also tried adding a little juniper green and brown. Any ideas greatly appreciated. I know I won't be able to match it perfect but I need something close. Should I start out with more yellow and then a green? To make things worse now I wonder how much of a problem it;s going to be to match the grass. UGH! Help starting to stress.
LL

8 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 9

Wilton Colors - Start with Buttercup yellow and add some copper?

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 9

unless Wilton copper is different than copper, as I know it, that will give you a yellowy orange.

This is a cool, greenish yellow. So starting with buttercup, which is a warm yellow won't work. Start with a true yellow and add just a teensy touch of true blue until it looks right.

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 9

Have you tried a touch of moss green?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 9

A touch of brown will tone down the brightness.

sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 9

What's true blue? I have never heard of it.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

What's true blue? I have never heard of it.

the basic primary color, blue.

sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 9

What colors should I start with yellow? Should I stick with the leaf green or will a different green work better? I have Juniper green, moss green, daffodil yellow, lemon yellow, golden yellow, brown, warm brown etc. The lady at the cake store told me to use leaf green and yellow but it wasn't even close. Thank you everyone. To make things worse my daughter put one of my 14" cakes in the freezer on the foam board now it seems to be a little warped. What a bad start to a busy day.

sweettreat101 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 8:13am
post #9 of 9

I finally got it. After much trial and error I finally got it. The nice man at the cake store took out a brochure of different colors and gave me two ideas and one worked. Avocado green and yellow makes this odd shade of green. Now the grass wasn't so easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%