Double Heart Impression Mat Or Roller?

Decorating By HobbyCaker Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 12:52am by HobbyCaker

HobbyCaker Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 4

I have typed in every thing I can think of in the search field on here and on google and I am coming up with nothing. icon_cry.gif

I know I have seen cakes with the intwined double hearts impressed into the fondant/icing. Is there a mat or roller that does this or is it done with cutters slightly pressed into the fondant? TIA for any replies.

3 replies
valcomer Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 4

there is a stencil from designerstencils called dancing hearts if that is what you might be looking for.

Karen421 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:24am
post #3 of 4

How about a double heart cookie cutter, that you can lightly press into the fondant and make a pattern?

HobbyCaker Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:52am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for your responses.

Karen421, that is what I was thinking too, I really want that impression look, the stencil is a good idea too. I found mats and rollers for every design but hearts. The cakes I know I have seen this on, they must have used a cookie cutter or a stamp. I have until August to find something that will work, so if you run across and other ideas let me know. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%