Need Suggestions For Cake Topper

Decorating By Nevie Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 12:04am by Nevie

Nevie Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a last minute cake for a friend's party- no occasion other than the fact that she is visiting from out of town. Her whole family is being honored. The cake is going to be yellow fondant 6' and 9' round with butter cream dots and a fondant ribbon and bow around the top layer and a small daisy garland on the bottom with small bows at each peak. Any suggestions for a topper? Do I even need one? I was thinking perhaps another bow, but ir seems like a bit much. The party is Sunday afternoon.

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 4

would be cute to add a couple more daisies and some little bumble bees on wires coming out of the top?

Malakin Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 4

I like the daisy theme along with the colors and maybe would do something with a mound of daisies on top.

Nevie Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:04am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the great suggestions. Unfortunately, I just got them! I guess I'd better check my settings...thought I'd requested an email if anyone replied. I ended up moving the bow to the top. My friend loved it... I thought it looked too much like a wedding cake. I think the daisies on top would have been better. Still, I am happy with it. The best part...the hostess booked a wedding cake for her newly engaged daughter!

I tried to attach a pic, but it is not cooperating, here's the link if you would like to see the finished product.
Thanks again! I am so addicted to this site. icon_smile.gif [/img]

Quote by @%username% on %date%