Permanent Cake Boards, Suggestions?

Decorating By Allidsk8 Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 3:25pm by FullHouse

Allidsk8 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 4

Good Morning All!! I would like to have hubby make me a few permanent cake boards that I can then decorate in varing themes and cover with contact paper. First, any suggestions what the boards themselves should be made of? Second, (and i should know this, being ServSafe Certified for 10+ yrs) is clear contact paper food safe? Any suggestions/pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
CWR41 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 4

Contact paper is not food safe. I'd make the boards out of plywood, and cover with white contact paper permanently, so they're easy to wash if your foil or paper covering gets torn or removed. It's easy to recover them for each event theme. Just be sure your cake is on its own circle so that it isn't in direct contact with the non-foodsafe coverings. Don't forget to label the back of your plywood "Please return to: (your name or business, and phone number)".

Allidsk8 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you CWR41. I was having a total blonde moment on the contact paper issue. Good Idea to cover in white. I think I will set DH to work with his circular saw this weekend icon_razz.gif

FullHouse Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 4

I 2nd the plywood. And...if you need square boards, Lowes will cut them for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%