Malt Syrup

Decorating By Echooo3 Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 5:19am by Toptier

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:43am
post #1 of 6

I have looked everywhere for it. Publix Supermarket, Wal-Mart, Target and I cannot find it.

Where can I purchase a bottle of Malt Syrup?

5 replies
PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 6

I have a heck of a time finding it in stores. Try a health food type store, perhaps?
King Arthur sells it online for a fair price, though:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/organic-barley-malt-syrup-16-oz

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 6

In use it for breads and bagels. I found mine at Whole Foods next to the various sugar and honey stocks. It may also be called malted barley syrup. You may also be able to find it at the local home beer brewer's supply store. I know they sell barley malt as a powder.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 6

homebrew store!! or local mega liqour store that sells homebrew supplies. you can get the syrup there or powder form.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 6

I recently bought Malt powder (Carnation makes it) and I've used Ovaltine Malt powder, plain & chocolate. I put several TBSPs in a measuring cup and add some hot water to make a syrup. I've found it in the grocery store near the powdered drink mixes.

I add it to buttercreams, both vanilla & chocolate, and to chocolate Bettercreme mousse for filling.

HTH
Rae

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:19am
post #6 of 6

I do the same as Rae with the powdered malt, but I mix it with warm half n half. It is sweet though!.it's great mixed into IMBC or SMBC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%