Mcdonalds Straws

Decorating By Summer09 Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 12:47pm by noahsmummy

Summer09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Summer09 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:48am
post #1 of 6

thinking of going and getting some mcdonald straws and cutting them up- will that work instead of tea straws- im in the uk and cant buy tea straws.

TIA

5 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:31am
post #2 of 6

I worked for me. icon_lol.gif I can't get bubble tea straws without ordering and once when in a crunch I used the McDonald's straws. Actually the tiered cakes in my photo's have McDonald straws for supports. I've transported cakes that I've used them in with no problems whatsoever.

They will work. thumbs_up.gif

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:34am
post #3 of 6

Burger King straws look like they make work too. I haven't tried it yet, but I am collecting them. When I get a drink I ask for an extra straw, they look at me like lady REALLY!!

Summer09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Summer09 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 6

Really Mdukes? There always on the side here in England, you can jst take them yurselfs ( some are far away from the counter too, so you cant be seen icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

- looks like im going to have to pay them a visit icon_smile.gif

thanks everyone- i feel abit clever thinking of this icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer09

Really Mdukes? There always on the side here in England, you can jst take them yurselfs ( some are far away from the counter too, so you cant be seen icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

- looks like im going to have to pay them a visit icon_smile.gif

thanks everyone- i feel abit clever thinking of this icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

That's too funny icon_lol.gif Don't forget to take your purse with you. thumbs_up.gif

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:47pm
post #6 of 6

awesome. id have to order bubble tea straws too( bit of a pita), but now its time to get my crew onto stealing ronalds straws! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%