Eclipse Edible Topper

Decorating By sondra1016 Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 2:04am by michel30014

sondra1016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sondra1016 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:48am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone. I am having an eclipse party (can not wait). I found the perfect picture that I would like, however it is from ebay and from Australia. Can anyone please let me know where I can get the edible topper with this exact picture? If I have to I will order it from Australia, but I am trying not to do that. Thank you for your help.
LL

6 replies
cakeheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeheart Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 7

edible image?? or topper? If you want an edible image you could alway print the picture out and take it to a local grocery chain with a bakery section and have them print out an edible image....Before I got a edible printer I would take images all the time and they charged something like $8.00

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 7

Have the edible image made, like cakeheart stated... but not to large and then you could put it on a harden square of fondant, (like a poster board) and put it on top of the cake as a topper...does that make sence....brace it in the back so it stands up like a poster...all edible. just a thought.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 7

Be prepared for the bakery to refuse to copy it though. It's a copyrighted image. I know my bakery wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, even if we just offered to sell only edible images.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:21am
post #5 of 7

Ooooo I never thought of that.....the copyright. yeh you are right.....

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:44am
post #6 of 7

Because the Twilight series has been so big, you may be able to find a generic Twilight edible image at a store that they sell on their cakes. You could see if they would just sell you the image instead of the entire cake. Depending how far out your party is, you might be able to find one online too. I know it probably won't be the exact image you want, but it will still carry the theme and may be an alternate solution because of the copyright issues.

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:04am
post #7 of 7

Well, does it have to be an edible image...? As a back up plan, I would suggest printing the picture approximately the size that will fit on the cake comfortably. Then, just laminate it, making sure you use your thumb or fingernail to seal around the picture. I bought a roll of laminate that only cost me $5 a roll at Walmart. Place a strip of buttercream icing to the back of the laminated pic and it helps it stick to the cake. Just a suggestion!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%