How Do You ...pet Peeve

Decorating By KawaiiCakeCook Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 10:50pm by sweetflowers

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 7:32pm
post #61 of 66

Oh and I have to agree with a previous poster... this site can be difficult to navigate.. but I do try to find other avenues to get answers before I go ahead and "ask" for what I am looking for. icon_smile.gif

annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 7:40pm
post #62 of 66

I don't have that many photos, but I've had quite a few requests for advice or tutorials on how I've completed my flowers. I've gotten requests through posts on the actual photos, pms and even emails. So far I've taken the time to respond to each and every person and feel complimented that they've asked me in the first place. The part that bothers me is when I send step-by-step instructions, (to the best of my ability...) I don't get a thank-you. If I were to ask someone for help and they took time out of their day to do so, i would most definitely be thanking them for that.

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 7:45pm
post #63 of 66

Thank you's go such a long way... It is beyond puzzling that anyone would not say thank you to someone who kindly answered your questions. Unbelievable! Grrr icon_sad.gif

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 9:10pm
post #64 of 66

Absolutely, 'please' and 'thankyou' go a very long way and never go out of style. Didn't Mr. Rogers have a song on that? LOL

Anyway, annie I can so understand that, but I am at the point where I just don't expect everyone to say 'thanks'. I had over 1000 people visit my website to get that bubble tutorial, did I get 1000 'thank you' ? No, and I really don't want them, can you imagine what that would do to my email box? But when you work for days putting up a tutorial it is definitely very nice to get the kind words and does make it worthwhile.

annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 9:32pm
post #65 of 66

I totally see the point where if 1000 people are looking at helpful tutorial you made online, you wouldn't want responses from them all. But if I'm sending out a personal, individual message to one person, a thank you would be appreciated. I know it's not always going to happen, but the less that it does happen, the less likely I'm going to be to give assistance in the future.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 10:50pm
post #66 of 66

Yup, there are definitely times I do it grudgingly. Those are the times I promise myself a piece of chocolate or a latte as my own thank you icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%