Just What Would You Do For This Cake?????

Decorating By Limpy Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 4:55am by indydebi

Limpy Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 22

O.k. Here goes. I have been asked to make a birthday cake for someone who was very ill and survived. Person loves Star Wars and monkeys!!!!!
Am clueless as to how to decorate this cake. I know that CC has lots of creative people out there, so please send me your ideas and possible wording for the cake. Thanks in advance.

21 replies
dchockeyguy Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 22

It will depend on how much of a Star Wars fan the person is. More fanatical fans would cringe if you mixed the two themes. But there's a lot you could do. Monkeys with Light Sabres, Darth Vader as a monkey, Monkeys vs. Storm Troopers, etc.

tesso Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 22

so they like the wizard of oz? for some reason I saw storm troopers fighting the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz..

yahh.. im screwed up.. I can admit it ! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

michellesArt Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 22

that's hilarious!! that aside i like the idea of making an exaggerated darth vader head ontop of a monkey body with a light saber in one hand and a banana in the other. you could make an icing or chocolate transfer. maybe write on it "the force was with you"

KayMc Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 22

I'd pick one or the other (theme) and go from there. Combining them just doesn't make sense to me. No one said that everything this person likes needs to be on one cake.

hollyml Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:07am
post #6 of 22

Yeah, I was thinking of just an inscription along the lines of, "May the force remain strong in you" -- you wouldn't necessarily have to use Star Wars characters. (Although the idea of a monkey wielding a light saber IS pretty funny.) Come to think of it, the Ewoks are pretty monkey-ish....

tesso Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:12am
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyml

Yeah, Come to think of it, the Ewoks are pretty monkey-ish....

NO..NO...NO...NO... star wars fans will hunt you down for that!! RUN RUN.. ewoks are like teddybears!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

HobbyCaker Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:15am
post #8 of 22

I am picturing Planet of the Apes against the Jedi , how weird is that? Love hollyml's sentiment! That is really sweet.

hollyml Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:21am
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyml

Yeah, Come to think of it, the Ewoks are pretty monkey-ish....

NO..NO...NO...NO... star wars fans will hunt you down for that!! RUN RUN.. ewoks are like teddybears!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_surprised.gif They're after me!!! icon_lol.gif

I'm actually a fan myself, but not a rabid one. icon_wink.gif (Still haven't ever seen episodes 2 & 3.) They are definitely more like teddy bears than like monkeys, but if you HAD to combine SW and monkeys, it's either Ewoks or Chewy. Chewy's more frightening. icon_lol.gif

Holly

PiccoloChellie Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:50am
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

Monkeys with Light Sabres,

icon_eek.gif

Must...make...this cake....

Cargen Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:08am
post #11 of 22

All of these are too funny... I was thinking ewoks were monkeyish myself...

I also kept seeing the last scene of planet of the apes on the beach with the statue of liberty tipped over but instead of the statue of liberty it is darth vader or something. I'm sure there is something much more appropriate for all you Star Wars fans out there.

indydebi Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:20am
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

I'd pick one or the other (theme) and go from there. Combining them just doesn't make sense to me. No one said that everything this person likes needs to be on one cake.

that's my thought, too. Pick one.

I mean, I like kosher pickles and German Shepherds, but that doesn't mean I want a cake decorated with both! icon_biggrin.gif

MBHazel Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:25am
post #13 of 22

If you do a Star Wars cake, you could write: Don't Money with the Force

MBHazel Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:25am
post #14 of 22

Actually, that would be Monkey with the Force......

all4cake Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:38am
post #15 of 22

(anyone remember Gulliver's Travels?) IF you plan on incorporating both, Darth Vader could be being tied/strapped down by a band of monkeys

ooooooooor...Darth Vader reaching behind his head, taking a grip of the monkey on his back..."Now that you have that monkey off your back(referring to the illness), may the force be with you!" OSLT

jqorso Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:38am
post #16 of 22

This cake is pretty awesome!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1703411

I'm with everyone that said pick one or the other. (Pick Star Wars icon_wink.gif )

all4cake Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:44am
post #17 of 22

a monkey piloting one of those racer/speeder/whatever they're called things

idocakes4fun Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:50am
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I mean, I like kosher pickles and German Shepherds, but that doesn't mean I want a cake decorated with both! icon_biggrin.gif

LOL - Indydebi, you crack me up!

tesso Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:18am
post #19 of 22

[quote="indydebi
I mean, I like kosher pickles and German Shepherds, but that doesn't mean I want a cake decorated with both! icon_biggrin.gif[/quote]

oh now come on... you know you want a cake decorated with little pickle dogs... you can admit it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

little pickles with tails, legs and ears!! icon_lol.gif

mom2twogrlz Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:35am
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

[quote="indydebi

oh now come on... you know you want a cake decorated with little pickle dogs... you can admit it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

little pickles with tails, legs and ears!! icon_lol.gif[/quote]

hee-hee!!!! Now that is funny!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

hvanaalst Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:39am
post #21 of 22

My husband is a huge, huge star wars fan. I just asked him if he loved monkeys that much too, what kind of cake would he want. He said a monkey dressed like yoda. I think it would be much funnier if it was darth vader having a lightsaber duel with a monkey holding a banana.

indydebi Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 4:55am
post #22 of 22

tesso, you cracked me up! I've heard of weiner dogs but not pickle dogs!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%