Chocopan Fondant

Decorating By montanamommy Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 8:00pm by carmijok

montanamommy Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 7

I'm doing a wedding cake in July and the bride wants white cake with raspberry filling and fondant. The cake will be a clover green so my choices for precolored fondant I think are limited to Satin Ice, Chocopan or Fondarific. I know this topic has been beat to death I'm sure, but I'm having trouble finding the threads.

What is everyone's opinion on say Satin Ice vs Chocopan? I'm sort of leaning toward Chocopan because I think the flavor would go well with the rest of the cake. I would rather go with a precolored fondant than to color myself just to save a bit of time.

Thanks,
Andrea

6 replies
dozenredroses Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 7

I prefer the taste and workability of Chocopan.

Motta Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 7

I like SI overall although Choco-Pan tastes better. I found CP to be way too soft and it didn't roll out completely smooth - it had tiny holes in it.

SI is consistently smooth except in black.

tiggy2 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 7

Ditto on the chocopan!

montanamommy Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 7

Ok now here's an off the wall thought....I wonder how it would be if you mixed them?

I'll probably go with Satin Ice if there is problems with getting holes in the Choco-pan. I don't know We'll see what I can get I suppose.

Thanks for the advice!

sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 7

I was going to use Chocopan for the wedding cake I am currently working on but then I got worried what if someone is allergic to chocolate. They wouldn't be able to tell that there was chocolate on the cake. Plus someone posted that it was soft and hard to roll out. I purchased Fondarific for this cake from fondantsource.

carmijok Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 7

The bakery i worked for used choco-pan. They never had a problem with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%