I Did And Oops With My Ganache Is It Still Good?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 12:02pm by mamawrobin

sweettreat101 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 6

I was in a hurry and tried to make my ganache before I had to leave for work and put 7 ounces of cream in a saucepan and then accidentally poured the next 7 ounces in the bowl with the chocolate. I tried to pour as much of the cream back into the sauce pan. I put the bowl with the chocolate over a pan of hot water and poured the boiling cream over the chocolate. Everything melted fine. Will it still be ok to leave on the counter overnight to set up?

5 replies
mamawrobin Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 6

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that you added 14 ounces of cream? To how much chocolate? That is going to make the difference.

sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:04am
post #3 of 6

The recipe I was give was 24 ounces of semi chocolate chips and 14 ounces of cream. I accidentally put half of the cream in the bowl with the chocolate instead of the pan to heat the cream. I drained as much as possible into the pan and cooked until the cream boiled. Then I poured the hot cream over the chocolate and stirred until all of the chocolate melted. I was just concerned that some of the cream in the bowl with the chocolate that didn't get to boil. I did put the bowl over a pot of hot water, my generic double broiler to help make sure that all of the chocolate had melted. I was just concerned about being able to leave it out of the fridge. I left it on the counter like I was told.

tmac670 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:30am
post #4 of 6

It will be fine.

sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:22am
post #5 of 6

Thank you.

mamawrobin Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:02pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac670

It will be fine.




Ditto thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%