Dh Got Me The Laser Leveler... Now What?

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 2:41am by Elaine2581

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 6

Hi my fellow CC'ers:

Hubby came home today with what I have been buggin' him about for the last 2 weeks... a laser leveler!!!... Now I know I learned about using it here at cc... but I can't find the post that explained how to use it... I have no idea how to make it work or how it will help me to have a leveled cake...

If anyone remembers and/or knows how to use it or the post that explained it... I would really really appreciate it very much....

TIA
Dalis
icon_smile.gif

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 6

Well, it's not a leveler, its a level. I place mine on an elevated surface and project a horizontal line around the top of the tier and then use a spatula to scrap off the icing that's above the line. That gives an even top edge.

I have also used it to project a vertical line onto a cake for the placement of stripes or dots.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 6

u r awesome!!!! (sorry about the leveler hehehe) I didn't think about that... I have to add piped RI dots to all sides of this cake and that will make it so much easier for me... thanks !!!

I'm gonna set it up right now....

I am super stoked lol
icon_smile.gif

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 6

leah , could you recommend any particluar brand or type, this sounds like a great tool to me .

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 6

Get a small cheap one. Whatever's on sale. Mine was $9.99.

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:41am
post #6 of 6

I also use mine for projecting a straight line when writing on the cake. Works great when stacking cakes to see that you have everything level before icing the cake too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%