CanCakeMom Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 2:09pm
post #1 of

I think i'm going to attempt to make some MMF today.. i have never worked with Fondant before but have decided since i really have nothing else to do today, i will give it a try!
Just have to go buy marshmallows icon_smile.gif

14 replies
MoonicaLeigh Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 2:19pm
post #2 of

Good Luck! I am getting ready to try myself this week!! Can't wait to see your pics!!

stephanie214 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 2:22pm
post #3 of

I want to give it a try. Please let me know how it turns out.

TinaRe Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 2:46pm
post #4 of

I am tying it tomorrow for the first time too! At least I know not to handle it when it comes out of the microwave! LOL Some one on here did that! OUCH! I hope they're ok. She said she had bad burns on her hands! YIKES Anyways, I am making a package cake with bow and all. Any tips from anyone that has used MMF would be great! Thanks

stephanie214 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 2:52pm
post #5 of

I've only used the regular Wilton for things...don't like the taste. Makes pretty bows, etc. just make sure it is completely dry before handling...found out the hard way. lol

I was thinking about trying to add confectioner's sugar and flavoring to see if that would help.

MoonicaLeigh Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 2:54pm
post #6 of

Let the MMF dry??

stephanie214 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 3:02pm
post #7 of

The regular Wilton fondant. Haven't tried mmf yet. Sorry about the confusion.

MoonicaLeigh Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 3:20pm
post #8 of

Gotcha! So where in VA are you?? When you try the MMF let me know how it comes out!

stephanie214 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 3:25pm
post #9 of

Ever heard of the Eastern Shore? I'm about 1 1/2 from VA Beach. I have to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

MoonicaLeigh Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 3:31pm

AAHH, Gotcha. I live about 2 hours inland =O)

stephanie214 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 3:33pm

Maybe if we find enough people from VA and MD we might be able to do a DOS.

abbey Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 5:39pm

If you are making a bow from MMF be sure to allow it time to dry so it will hold it's shape when you put it on your cake.

I LOVE MMF. To me it may be the greatest thing I've learned from cake central. It's easy to use and cheap to make!

eve Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 6:28pm

• icon_smile.gif You won't be sorry !!!! It handles really well, taste much better and just better in everyway compared to the reg. Fondant...
    I was successful on my first attempt..sine then I kept doing it..
Daniela Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 6:47pm

Good Luck!! I've heard a lot of good things about it!!

Daniela

aliciaL_77 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 6:59pm

I think I may try it too ths weekend.. I was talking to a laday at Hobby Lobby yesterday (50% off ALL Wilton YAY!! icon_biggrin.gif ) And she said it was the best thing she's ever used. Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%