Cookies For Preschool...need Some Input

Baking By michiparma Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 8:42pm by michiparma

michiparma Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 15

I have offered to make cookies for my son's end of the year preschool party. I'm thinking maybe smiley faces or smiling stars. I just want to get some more ideas.

What shape/design would you suggest?

Thanks!

14 replies
MariaK38 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 15

hi! can your cookies be tied in to an activity? maybe make some round, square, or rectangle cookies and flood them with royal icing. bring in some edible markers and let the kids "draw" their own designs on the cookies.

maria

tinygoose Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 15

Kids seem to be in love with faces, I'd make them all different, and all silly faces. Squiggly mouths, surprised looking eyebrows, you could probably google silly faces and come up with a lot to copy from.

verono Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 15

-Summer theme for the vacations
-"Crayola"
-Puzzles
-Paintbrushes

luv2bake6 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:08am
post #5 of 15

I second the idea to send in flooded cookies and markers and have them color their own cookies. It's food and an activity all in one.
However, it could get expensive to buy enough markers for all the kids to use. Smiley faces are definately the way to go.

hollyml Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:23am
post #6 of 15

I did a sun-shaped cake, with a face (wearing sunglasses and a big smile) for my daughter's end-of-year preschool party last year. I was thinking that a summer/vacation theme made sense, and it went over really well.

Cindsters Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:37am
post #7 of 15

For my daughters preschool class I made cookies shaped like ice cream cones. It was a huge hit, just in time for summer!

michiparma Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:15pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks all for your ideas!

Now, where do you get your cookie cutters?

The Michael's store that I frequent got rid of all of their single cutters.

verono Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:19pm
post #9 of 15

I have a lot of cutters from foosecookiecutters.com

drakegore Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:35pm
post #10 of 15

when my son was in pre-school a few year back, the kids loved bug cookies of any sort, lol. the caterpillars i did were the biggest hit that year for both boys and girls, and the girls loved the butterflies.
diane

slsharratt Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 15

just confirm with the director that this is ok. our daycare/preschool requires that the cookies/cakes for the kids comes directly from the grocery or baker's with the ingredients listed.

snocilla Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:15pm
post #12 of 15

soemthing like these would work well. I just got a frog sun, flower and butterfly cutter from the local cake decorating store.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1650735

Montrealconfections Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:23pm
post #13 of 15

I just made some for my sons class, I iced a bunch of butterflies in white icing I piped a brown body and brought in all the plain white cookie with some edible markers. The kids were just so thrilled to decorate and the bonus is it was much faster for me.

KHalstead Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:19pm
post #14 of 15

I had a couple flooded cookies left over from a wedding order and let my kids doodle on them.....they loved it!! They made a mess of the cookies, but they loved it!! I managed to get a photo AFTER they began licking them! lol
LL
LL
LL

michiparma Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 8:42pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks all!

I ended up making baseballs for the boys with their name on it.
Flowers with the girls' names on each. And a bigger Flower for the teachers.

The flowers didn't come out the way I wanted but it was getting late.

They all loved them and that's all that counts!

I'm going to upload them into my pictures if you're interested in seeing them.

Thanks, again!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%