Any Classes In The Texas (Dallas) Area?

Decorating By HunneyBEE Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 1:06am by vonnie222

HunneyBEE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HunneyBEE Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 4

I am new at baking and decorating cakes...about four months now and I think if I took some classes I could get better!!

Does anyone know of any good classes for fondant work or gumpaste or decorating in general in the Dallas Texas area??

I LOVE this site so much but I need some hands on!! LOL icon_smile.gif

THANKS!

3 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 4

I can do private classes on basic decorating, fondant, gumpaste, etc. I live in McKinney, about 25 miles north of Dallas.

You are more than welcome to PM me if you are interested. My personal e-mail is on my profile as well. Check out my web site to see if I do the type of work you would like - www.thesugarfix.com .

I hope to hear from you.

Michele Foster

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 4

Check in to the Cake Carasel as well. I beleive there is another cake store in that area.

vonnie222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie222 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:06am
post #4 of 4

Check the yellow pages. There's a couple of different places besides Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I took classes from Cake Carousel a couple of years ago when I was working in Dallas. Jeri and the other instructors were wonderful. I loved the classes.

And they teach other ways of decorating besides just Wilton. Don't get me wrong, Wilton is good, but I enjoyed learning other ways of decorating. One of the instructors, Claire, was from England, and her classes were double the fun because she was teaching us at the same time we were teaching her. And Cake Carousel has a very nice shop where you can buy loads of stuff. I broke the bank while I was there.

I've begged my boss for two years to send me back to Dallas. I'd give my eye teeth to have a place like Cake Carousel here in Washington State. I've about decided that I need to find some partners and open up my own version of Cake Carousel. But that's for another thread someday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%