Need Help With Carnival/carousel Cake

Decorating By joyc21 Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 8:23pm by thecakeprincess

joyc21 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hello! I am new here. My daughter is having a carnival themed birthday party at the end of the month. I got this idea to make her a carousel birthday cake. The only thing is I have absolutely ZERO experience with designing cakes.........Is this too ambitious for a 1st cake? Are there any carousel cakes in the photo gallery that I may be able to follow? Any tips or advice for a newbie?

Thanks so much in advance.

6 replies
jewels710 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 7

I would say, yes...it is ambitious for a first cake...however...I also say...do it. LOL Just jump in with both feet. That's normally how I go about doing things and figure out the details along the way.
Also...read, read, read.
I have learned so much from reading stuff here on CC.
You will never know what you can do if you don't try.
But have a back up plan and be prepared.
Being that it is for your daughter, you have some wiggle room.
As far as photos...just do a search for carousel and see what you come up with.

Good Luck & Happy Caking!

Miny10 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 7

[img] icon_smile.gif Hi joyc21 Nice to meet you , I post a picture from a carrousel look on home page (most recent photos)

jewels710 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 7

Here, try this one...from the first couple of pages I viewed, this one looks like one of the easier ones... (no offense to the poster, just the others are more elaborate and maybe too ambitious for a newbie).

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=727893

joyc21 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to read as much as I can and then I think I'll do a small trial run to see how it works out.

thecakeprincess Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 7

You can do it!! I think a trial run is a great idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%