Turquoise Modeling Chocolate Or Fondant

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 5:14pm by erinalicia

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 8

I am doing a monkey cake in July and these are the plates. I will either use modeling chocolate or fondant for the yellow and turquoise, but I'm wondering how I will get to the turquoise in either medium. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I make my own fondant, but if it would come closer using pre-colored, I'll give Mom the option of paying for it or getting close.
LL

7 replies
tanstaafl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanstaafl Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 8

I just did a turquoise cake last week. I made MMF and added Wilton Teal to the melted marshmallows. It was much easier than kneading it in, and the color turned out nice and bright. You can also start with that color and add yellow, green, or blue to it to adjust to the exact color you are looking for.

The cake is in my photos if you want to check out the color I got.

mbt4955 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, tanstaffl. The only time I use Wilton colors any more is when I'm desperate and don't have time to wait on AmeriColor to be shipped. I will definitely pick up some Wilton Teal because your cake looks almost perfect for what I am going to be doing. thumbs_up.gif

tanstaafl Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 8

I know the Wilton colors aren't usually ideal, but they are what I had on hand from the classes I took. I refuse to throw the stuff out since I spent money on it, but I will be replacing them with a different brand as they run out.

mbt4955 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 8

I didn't mean to be rude. I have TONS of Wilton colors too. I just don't buy them anymore if I have a choice. My favorite part about AmeriColor is the squeeze bottle - no more messy toothpicks! icon_biggrin.gif

tanstaafl Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 8

Oh, I wasn't offended. I am just sad that I spent all that money on mediocre supplies. AmeriColor comes in a squeeze bottle? That sounds great!

mbt4955 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 8

It is great - it comes out one drop at a time and the colors are excellent!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 8

Americolor has a turquoise. I've used it before, it should match

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%