Ck Products Clear Imitation Vanilla

Decorating By thats2cute Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 4:16pm by FH_Cakes

thats2cute Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone ever tried it? I bought a 16oz bottle of it about a month ago and it tastes gross!! It has an almost rancid cinnamon taste to it. I made a batch of buttercream icing with it, and when I tasted it, I was gagging! I had to throw the whole batch out! I tried it again, this time I made one batch of icing, separated it into three bowls. Flavored one with just the vanilla, one with just their almond extract, and one with both vanilla and almond. The only one that tasted okay was the one with just the almond.

I'm wondering if I got a bad bottle, or is this what it really tastes like? If so, I'm glad I didn't buy the gallon jug of it! I'm at the point where I am going to throw it out and find somewhere else to buy clear vanilla flavoring.

2 replies
BARBARAJEAN Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 3

I use their vanilla all the time. It is not as flavorful as some of the really expensive vanilla's, but it is good. I would say yes you got something bad. The good news is that they are one of the nicest companies to work with around. I am sure they will send you out some more. Ask them to check it first. If you do not want to work with them any more, tell them you are returning for a refund and to check it out for problems. They really do stand behind their products.

FH_Cakes Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 3

When I started using my bottle, it tasted fine. Then about 2 weeks later it was NASTY! I will never buy it again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%