Last Min Cake Topper Suggestions :s

Decorating By kclovesken Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 2:58am by Mamatoboys

kclovesken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kclovesken Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:43am
post #1 of 5

So I got signed up to do a last min cake this weekend which I really dont mind but I am at a loss for a cake topper :S

The cake is going to be a simple 3 tier cake with light blue and dark blue fondant. The cakes will have have butterflies and flowers on it but I dont know what to put on the top of it :S

I was trying to find a K or the numbers for her age BUT the local cake supply place is out and I am not having any luck finding anything.

Suggestions or ideas please? It appears that because of graduation and wedding everything is sold out icon_sad.gif

Help sniff sniff

4 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:49am
post #2 of 5

you could make RI flo-letters. easy to to do. Look at my fish cake in my pics. those are RI-flo. Just make sure you make two of each letter/number to allow for breakage.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:52am
post #3 of 5

Could do butterflies on wire. Colorflow or chocolate would work for that. Could make letters or numbers out of chocolate as well - even fondant if you think it will dry in time.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:56am
post #4 of 5

If you are making the butterflies on wire idea, here is a way to make them stick instantly. Heat the wire in a cadle flame and then push into the fondant. Be careful not to burn yourself. It takes just a second for the wire to cool down and when it does the wire is stuck in place.

Mamatoboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamatoboys Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:58am
post #5 of 5

I made a topper out of gumpaste (store bought) and it dried pretty quickly. I just formed the topper around a wooden dowel and let it dry..I think it took about 24 hrs, but that will depend on how thick you make the topper. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%