Zebra Cake

Decorating By drushing Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 2:41am by Karen421

drushing Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 6

I have never decorated a cake with the Zebra theme. I was thinking it would be best to use fondant than buttercream.
Any ideas would be appreciated,pictures would help.

icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
anasazi17 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 6

Hi! I just did my first zebra cake this weekend. (in my photos) I think you gould do it with either fondant or buttercream. If you are cutting out fondant stripes you can easily lay them on both mediums. I ran out of time and had to pipe them on...i liked how it looked...but I actually don't think I saved anytime icon_smile.gif

ladycakes85 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 6

I recently did my first zebra cake too, you can look at my pictures to see it. I found it was easiest to use fondant. I made white slabs and then cut random pieces out of black fondant, laid them down on the white and took my rolling pin across them to blend them. Then I just laid the slabs onto my buttercream cake. icon_smile.gif
Good luck, and have fun with it!

Dolledupcakes Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 6

I did a zebra print a couple of weeks ago, its in my pic. I suggest laying each stripe close together. I believe they look better that way. Use fondant, its easier. HTH

mamawrobin Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 1:16am
post #5 of 6

I've done a few but have my favorite in my photo's. I always use fondant and I just cut the stripes as I'm decorating. I have no pattern I just cut them as I'm putting them on the cake. I love the one in my photos because it has flowers added by request of the customer and I would have never thought of that myself. thumbs_up.gif

Karen421 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:41am
post #6 of 6

I think zebra is one of the easiest to do, because there isn't really a set pattern. I use fondant and cut my strips as I go. Just have fun with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%