How Do You Make A Fish??

Decorating By ktbug Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 9:02pm by weirkd

ktbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktbug Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 4

I have been looking at all the great fishing/fish cakes on here. I really love the ones is the fishes head coming out one side of the cake and it's tail out the other. However, I can't figure out how it is made. Is it fondant? Does anyone have any fish making secrets? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 4

Well, first you introduce a daddy fish and a mommy fish. Then after they fall in love and getting married . ..

Oh, wait.

Yes, those cakes are the cutest ever. They usually rice krispie treats mashed into the shapes of the head and tails, covered with a smear of buttercream and then fondant over that. use more fondant for details and silver and green or blue dusts for highlighting. It's really freehand.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 4

Here's a tutorial Anamado did on a pink fish cake -- it's different than what you're describing but perhaps it will help give you ideas. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-606308-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Leah -- that's what I was thinking -- introduce the mommy fish and the daddy fish... icon_lol.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 4

ralmao. Leah your too funnY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%