Baking By Ashley0415 Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 2:34am by Laura78

Ashley0415 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 4

I need help! I have to make 2 batches of cupcakes.. one for a bridal shower.. and one for a birthday party for a 1 year old..

The bridal cupcakes are making me nervous because I had originally planned on doing some kind of buttercream fondant for the flat surface and then making the swirls on the top also in buttercream.. but she requested red velvet cake.. can I use bc with red velvet?? Ive only ever used cc frosting. Whats the best way to make these come out just as in the photo... they will also be pink and white

As for the 1 year olds cupcakes, mom requested that they look like the alien from toy story... Im at a complete loss on these.. should I make the top fondant.. big amount of green bc and then what for the eyes? Shes a verrrry meticulous person so I need them to be perfect.. any ideas would be great.

thank you!!

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 4

check these out........just saw them in my magazine today!

catlharper Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:36am
post #3 of 4

the wedding cupcakes look like regular fondant rounds with buttercream piped on top. And yes, regular vanilla buttercream will taste just fine with red velvet. No ideas for the aliens...I refuse to do copyrighted characters for clients..the fine just isn't worth the work and I hate the pressure to make my work look like the character...too much stress!LOL!

Laura78 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:34am
post #4 of 4

check out the hello cupcake book. they have aliens in there not so much like the toy story ones but my nephew loves them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%