Can I Make A Turn Table? Help, Please

Decorating By rkei Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 6:18pm by metria

rkei Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 11

Can I make a turn table? I guess I am really cheap. The ones at Michael's crafts are like 40 bucks here! Help, Please!

10 replies
VNatividad Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 11

Michaels coupons are usually 40% off a non-sale item. Sign up online and they email every week. Or lazy susan is another option. I think big lots has them for about $10 or less, not really sure.

rkei Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNatividad

Michaels coupons are usually 40% off a non-sale item. Sign up online and they email every week. Or lazy susan is another option. I think big lots has them for about $10 or less, not really sure.

Thankyou VNatividad. I should look in this Sunday's paper for the coupon. I forgot all about the coupons!

leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 11

I know that several people have mentioned getting a lazy susan at IKEA for something like $10. You might check your local WallyWorld if you don't have IKEA. Look in the housewares department, not cake supplies. Just because it isn't designed for cake, doesn't mean it won't work.

tiggy2 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 11

If you're talking about the Wilton turntables at Michaels don't waste your money.

rkei Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 11

@leah_s: The closest IKEA is four hours away, in the capital of Arizona. LOL. I'll have to see if there is a WallyWorld in the city two hours away. Hehe, I live out in the middle of nowhere. icon_smile.gif Thank you though!
@tiggy2: Are the ones at Michaels junk or what?

metria Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 11

Bed, Bath, & Beyond have several turntables.

metria Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 11

if you really wanted to DIY, Home Depot or Lowes have kits.

metria Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:42pm
post #9 of 11

oh...if you're in the middle of nowhere...well hmmm. not sure how to make one out of whatever's lying around in the house. when i'm too lazy to use mine (it's big), i'll just stick the cake on a cereal bowl and turn it by hand.

leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:16pm
post #10 of 11

I've been known to place a small cake on it's board on top of a can of shortening and turn that. Damn, that's lazy, as the turntable is really only about 4 feet away in the base of the cabinet . . .

metria Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:18pm
post #11 of 11

there's about 1' height difference between me and my husband. he sometimes stashes my turntable up in the pantry were i can't possibly reach...then cereal bowl it is!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%