Organizing Orders

Decorating By chattycakes Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 3:56pm by Emmerdoo

chattycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chattycakes Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 12

I'm curious to know what method you all use to keep track of your rders. I have 2 cakes for tomorrow i ALMOST forgot. I have to get a system that work the calendar on my phone is getting overloaded! LOL I just work out of my house, but stay very busy!

TIA

11 replies
Cindra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindra Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 12

I bought an accordian folder by month. Then I use a manilla folder with order forms that I do up myself and put a yellow sticky as a tab with the date. Works like a charm

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 12

A simple wall calendar in the kitchen might help to give you a quick over view of what you have coming up.

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 12

I use a write on wipe off calendar. Its pretty good size, maybe 2' x 3' with enough space to write...but I don't do daily orders so it works for me.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 12

I use Firefox as my primary browser and there is an add-on called reminder Fox. It can be set up to automatically 'remind' you of upcoming items with a popup when you log onto your computer. This way, I get a quick reminder 5 days ahead of an event...enough time to jog my memory if necessary, and look at the paper order forms. You can download Firefox for free at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html here is a link to the reminder addon http://reminderfox.mozdev.org/installation.html
Firefox also has a great Ad blocker!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 12

I use Cake Boss and could NOT operate without it!!!

Not only keeping the orders straight, but it reminds me when payments are due and at a glance I know what I have coming up in the next 7 days and also what orders need to be paid for in the next 7 days.

Not to mention how wonderful it is at the end of the year to be able to just hit print and have all of my orders, and all of my expenses itemized for the whole year!
worth every penny!!

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 12

I have a wire-bound calendar notebook that I write everything down in. My LIFE is in that book!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 12

I have a bright pink 8 1/2 x 11 scheduling book. I write down the orders on the days and then paperclip the contract with the details into that week. That way I can glance at the week to see what I have and can pull the contract for added details. It really helps. I like the color to because it jumps out at me when I wander around with it and then forgot where I put it!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm
post #9 of 12

I use cake boss too and love it but I also have a backup system, small clipboards hung up on the wall in due date order that have all the info and sketches etc attached. At a glance I can see what is coming up next.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 12

forgot to say, I stole the idea of clip boards from ace of cakes

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 7:35pm
post #11 of 12

I also write each order for the week on a stick note and line them up along the wall behind where I decorate.........each one lists the size, flavor, details of the cake. Then as I box them up it's very satisfying to rip each sticky note down and chuck em' in the trash!!

The only downside is when I see 30 of them lined up and it's 8pm! lol

Emmerdoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmerdoo Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 3:56pm
post #12 of 12

I use cake boss. It is awesome! Before that, I used a wipe off calendar with colored post it notes. The due date on the contract was highlighted the same color as the post it note. It was also organized by month as well. It looked like the crayola fairy got drunk off my painting vodka and threw up on my calendar. Cake boss is much better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%