Edible Inks?

Decorating By genevieveyum Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm by genevieveyum

genevieveyum Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 3

OK, so I'm wondering if I need to buy the expensive food writer markers, or if I can use Crayola non-toxic ones that are 1/4 the price? This probably sounds horrible, but I know that Wilton recommends non-toxic chalk for dusting some of their flower designs so I don't see how this is any different. Can someone help clarify this for me? Is there any reason not to use the non-toxic regular markers?

2 replies
leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 3

I've been using the non-toxic markers for years. If it's OK for a toddler to suck on them, it's OK by me to use them to write on a plaque, for example.

genevieveyum Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much! I thought so, but wanted a 2nd opinion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%