Help! Chocolate Frosting Not Using Cocoa Powder

Baking By KS421 Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 4:12pm by cakemom42

KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make some chocolate frosting this morning and am out of Cocoa Powder. Anyone know of any good recipes? I live in the middle of nowhere so going to the store isn't possible right now.

Thank you!

4 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 5

The basic Wilton BC takes in cooled melted chocolate really well. Cannot remember how much to add. Check their site. Or make a ganache. You didn't mention what form chocolate you have on hand, maybe google the brand and buttercream and see what pops up. You can check the brand's website for recipes, also. There you go. Choices.

KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you! I have unsweetened Baker's Chocolate and semi-sweet. I will look up recipes on the websites. I appreciate the help.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS421

Thank you! I have unsweetened Baker's Chocolate and semi-sweet. I will look up recipes on the websites. I appreciate the help.

I use Indydebi's buttercream recipe and add 6 ounces of melted Baker's unsweetened chocolate. It should be cooled but still pourable. This makes THE BEST chocolate icing I've ever had. thumbs_up.gif When adding chocolate I always have to add a little extra milk. I just add a tsp. at a time until I get the right consistency.

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 5

I use a ganache & add it to the BC :0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%