Will I Ever ...

Decorating By Sandysdream Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm by Sandysdream

Sandysdream Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 8

I look at all the wonderful cakes posted on CC and I wonder will I ever be able to make such nice cakes? I started making cakes for people January 2009, so it is just over a year now and I know I have grown, but some of the cakes here on CC is just WOW!

7 replies
minicuppie Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 8

Keep practicing. Also remember that not every decorator can do every treatment. My DH does all the gumpaste work and fondant decos for me.

Motorhead Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 8

are you kidding me? i've seen pics of your cakes and cupcakes!! amazing work you've done there!! i only hope that with some more time and effort i can get the clean cakes you have produced!! you've got a varied amount of work, alot of different techniques!! koodos to you my friend!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sandysdream Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:43am
post #4 of 8

Thank you, that is so nice of you xxx icon_smile.gif

LuvLyrics Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 8

You just posted the same question I've had in my mind for days !!! I wish I had more money and time to practice. But I am learning not to compare myself to anyone any more, b/c different people have different talents, and it's all about technique and using the right product for the desire result... I'll just have to keep practicing, and I use everyone here for inspiration !!!

LuvLyrics Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 8

BTW I saw your pics and I think you are very creative !!! I have a long ways to go before I can do some of the things you've done !

tiggerjo Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:56pm
post #7 of 8

you have got to be kidding. your cakes are great. I have been doing this a little over a year and am still doing the star tip at times. I am not artistic at all so all my cakes are copied ideas...don't think I will ever get good at it.

Sandysdream Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks all of you, you are dear to my heart! I have no training, everything I know I learned here on CC and the internet. Sometimes people talk about this or that teqnique and I have no idea what they are talking about, but feel to silly to ask. I can only give thanks to the Lord, because sometimes I also wonder after decorating a cake - where did this come from ... Love you all! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%