What Kind Of Flower Is This?

Decorating By all4cake Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 4:16am by tonedna

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:00am
post #1 of 14

Can this one go in the strangest requests section?

Any clue what type of flower it is or close to?
LL

13 replies
cerasmiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerasmiles Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:05am
post #2 of 14

A plumeria... maybe??

stacyllind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyllind Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:05am
post #3 of 14

Looks like a Fragrant Lily, not sure but definitely looks like this one
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1420/567099319_28eb90e32e.jpg

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:09am
post #4 of 14

Yea, looks like a lily.

Cargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargen Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:10am
post #5 of 14

Looks like a lily to me as well.

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:12am
post #6 of 14

Definitely not a lily; lily and iris have petals in sets of 3. Maybe an apple blossom-- http://www.50states.com/flower/picts/arkansas.jpg --or something else in the rose family

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:19am
post #7 of 14

Cherry blossom - apple blossom has a little different stamen - but either one.

http://rpgdance.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/cherry_blossom_img_2502_v2_desktop_400.jpg

all4cake Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:59am
post #8 of 14

Thank you all! I was thinking some type of tree blossom (that looked like a branch...but I kept getting sidetracked by what they were on). I'm going to forward that link you offered Karen421 and see if that is acceptable. I hope so so I can delete that freakin' foot image.

all4cake Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:01am
post #9 of 14

vmerstock, that one looked the same as the one Karen421 shared only fuller...

Thanks all of you!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:17am
post #10 of 14

looks like Plumeria to me

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:21am
post #11 of 14

The Branch says it could be a blossoms. There are so many varieties of plants out there, but I dont think that lilies have more than one flower in a branch.
What is confusing is the fact that they did the petals a bit too pointy, but there are many specimens you never know if there's one that looks like that.

Edna icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:25am
post #12 of 14

but I didn't think plumeria had stamens like that.

I told them before coming to ya'll that I thought they were fantasy flowers (someone's spin on an actual flower). It's a tattoo for goodness sake...they're artists and put their 'touch' on everything they do, right?

all4cake Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:30am
post #13 of 14

lilies definitely can grow more than one to a stem(depending on the variety). One (she) is insisting it's a lily. I mentioned the branch thing ...my first thought was the cherry blossom but I thought the petals were too pointy for that one. Matter of fact, until seeing the image Karen421 shared, I thought the petals of the cherry blossoms were stubbier too. I think those are the most elongated cherry blossoms I've seen to date (I don't get out much either soooooooo...).

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:16am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

lilies definitely can grow more than one to a stem(depending on the variety). One (she) is insisting it's a lily. I mentioned the branch thing ...my first thought was the cherry blossom but I thought the petals were too pointy for that one. Matter of fact, until seeing the image Karen421 shared, I thought the petals of the cherry blossoms were stubbier too. I think those are the most elongated cherry blossoms I've seen to date (I don't get out much either soooooooo...).

Yes lilies can, I didnt say that right. I meant in the way they are done in the picture. At leas the lilies I have dont grow like that. But God knows, there are so many specimens out there!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%