Can Fondant Cake In Box Be Refrigerated

Decorating By elisa2801 Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm by elisa2801

elisa2801  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elisa2801 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:42am
post #1 of 8

I'm making a cake w/ fresh strawberrys/ whip cream. It will be covered in MMF. The cake is due on Sat. But I want to finish it Friday. So I was wondering if I can refrigerate it.

7 replies
 Occther  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:00am
post #2 of 8

I am someone who doesn't like fresh strawberries left in a cake for long than a few hours - but that is just my preference.

Karen421  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:47am
post #3 of 8

I use fresh strawberries a lot - it's my DD's favorite - and I refrigerated fondant without any problems. But a lot of people don't and won't - so you will get many different opinions.

KimAZ  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:44am
post #4 of 8

We never have any problems doing that. Should be just fine!

KimAZ

elisa2801 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:18am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

I use fresh strawberries a lot - it's my DD's favorite - and I refrigerated fondant without any problems. But a lot of people don't and won't - so you will get many different opinions.

So I can store fondant cake as long as I put cake in a box?
Can I also Saran wrap fondant cake and put in frig?

Karen421  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 8

I have never wrapped one in Saran wrap before, so I'm not sure. I did put one in a plastic cake taker - that was the only time I got condensation! It did dry (finally!) but a box (IMHO) is the way to go.

artscallion  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:08pm
post #7 of 8

To prevent condensation it's not so much that it needs to be in a box or wrapped while it's in the fridge as it needs to be in one when you take it out of the fridge. That's when condensation forms on a cake. A box will prevent the humidity in the air from reaching the cold cake. So any condensation will form on the outside of the box, not the cake.

elisa2801 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you all.. Couldn't have done without ya!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%