Yeah !!! Just Got Licensed!!!!!!!

Business By uniquecreations Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 3:51am by uniquecreations

uniquecreations Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:40am
post #1 of 14

Well I am doing the happy dance now I just got licensed in the state of Virginia to have my home bakery. The guy from the Dept of Agriculture came a because I have a separate Kitchen in my house he just came and looked at the kitchen and said you are good to go because you have a separate kitchen and he looked at my refrigerator temp, stove, looked in the pantry and a couple of the cabinets and said you pass. I thought I would have to bake a cake but he said I didn't I am so EXCITED!!!!! Now I can get my business rolling. Thank you ladies for all of your help you all are AWESOME!!!!!!

13 replies
JulieMN Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:42am
post #2 of 14

Congratulations and happy caking! icon_smile.gif

VNatividad Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:50am
post #3 of 14

yeah, good for you!

Yorkiemum Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:57am
post #4 of 14

Perfect! I am in Fairfax County and want to get a home license. Do you know if you have to have a separate kitchen? Did it take long once you started? Where did you begin? I would love to pick your brain. You can message me off line if you prefer. [email protected]

awatterson Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:57am
post #5 of 14

Congratulations. That is a ton of paperwork that you had to fill out.

sweettoothmom1 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:59am
post #6 of 14

congrats! lots of us wishing we were in the same boat!

uniquecreations Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:09am
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemum

Perfect! I am in Fairfax County and want to get a home license. Do you know if you have to have a separate kitchen? Did it take long once you started? Where did you begin? I would love to pick your brain. You can message me off line if you prefer. [email protected]

No you do not have to have a separate kitchen I just had another one put in my house when we built it, it was for my daughter to live downstairs but she lives somewhere else so I use to kitchen for my baking. It did not take long less than a month to get it all done including the inspection. I will email you a copy of the packet that the Dept of Agri sent me it has all the information you will need. I started with getting the packet and them just following the instructions on what I needed to do and then sent it to the home office in Richmond, then I called the home office to see if they had gotten it after a few days and they had I talked to Mr. Gerber he was really nice he gave me a lot of pointers about the business and food safety stuff. So today I was at work and the field inspector called and asked me could he come today so he came and stayed probably 10 minutes and that was it.

uniquecreations Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:29am
post #8 of 14

Yorkiemum, I emailed you the packet that they sent m lt me know if you got it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

dm321 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:47am
post #9 of 14

Awesome! I'm happy for you and jealous icon_redface.gif at the same time! I would love to work from home - and I'd love to have a second kitchen just for baking & creating! icon_biggrin.gif

Way to go! thumbs_up.gif Good luck to you!!!

~diem

uniquecreations Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:51am
post #10 of 14

Thanks Everyone!!!!!!

dsilvest Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:03am
post #11 of 14

Congratulations

Yorkiemum Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:16am
post #12 of 14

Uniquecreations,

Thank you so much! I work full time but love doing cakes and would really like to advertise to do more. There is a small bakery down the street that I have thought of approaching. The cakes in the window are really plain. I thought I could scratch their back and they could scratch mine. They could bake and I could decorate. That way I could work at night.

Thank you again. I look forward to printing and reading what you sent. Happy baking icon_biggrin.gif

dm321 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:32am
post #13 of 14

Yorkiemum - i checked out your photos... Your cakes are beautiful!!
So, I say go for it! Take a portfolio to the bakery down the street and show 'em whatcha got! Doors just may open for you! icon_wink.gif

~diem

uniquecreations Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:51am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemum

Uniquecreations,

Thank you so much! I work full time but love doing cakes and would really like to advertise to do more. There is a small bakery down the street that I have thought of approaching. The cakes in the window are really plain. I thought I could scratch their back and they could scratch mine. They could bake and I could decorate. That way I could work at night.

Thank you again. I look forward to printing and reading what you sent. Happy baking icon_biggrin.gif

Go for it I am ready to roll and learn more if I can make cakes half as beautiful as these talented, gifted women and men on here I will be doing real good!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%