Marzipan Help?!

Decorating By rkei Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 10:52pm by rkei

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 6

I know, I have been posting a lot of questions, sorry! I have seen pictures of marzipan, and it always looks shiny and greasy. Is it greasy and... ew? What's it taste like also? Can I have the recipe or can I buy it at Michael's craft? Please respond to this! Thanks.

5 replies
nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 6

It's an almond paste. I have purchased it at my grocery store.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 6

i don't think it's ew-greasy. for oiliness, it's in between fondant and modeling chocolate. it's definitely not the best looking when not colored.

it's basically ground almonds + powdered sugar. i find it very yummy, much better tasting than any fondant you throw at me.

my local grocery store has a couple different brands.

rkei Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you! How expensive is it? Does it actually taste like almonds and is it easy to mold??

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 6

it does taste like almonds, but you'll mostly taste the powdered sugar. it's easy to mold, but it is soft and takes a lot longer for it to dry than fondant. i can't remember the price...mine came in a little log, kinda like how ground breakfast sausage comes.

rkei Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by metria

it does taste like almonds, but you'll mostly taste the powdered sugar. it's easy to mold, but it is soft and takes a lot longer for it to dry than fondant. i can't remember the price...mine came in a little log, kinda like how ground breakfast sausage comes.

Okay, thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%