Benefit Cake

Decorating By kdbohm Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 5:15pm by chellescountrycakes

kdbohm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbohm Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 4

I volunteered to make a cake for a community benefit for a family who lost their house due to a fire.

I am stumped on what type of decorations I would like to do for this. It will be a large cake to serve many. Am planning on my square pans and stacking them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 4

Ohh, tough. I lost my house and all my belongings in a house fire one time and I can't think of anything on a cake design that would work. I would just be so happy someone was willing to even bake one for me. To me, I would like to be reminded of happy sunny funny times.

kdbohm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbohm Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 4

I was thinking of maybe doing the local fire and rescue emblems. But wasn't sure how that would work.

Also, my other thought was just doing some flowers just to keep it bright and cheery.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 4

when my house burned, my friends got together and had a 'house got too warm' party. where they brought me differnt things that were donated / bought for us. It was a play on the 'housewarming' theme.

But, my husband and I both have a great sense of humor, as do all my friends. yes we were devistated, but we had to laugh about it. (mostly that contrary to always telling myhusband I didnt dust because dirt puts out fires)

you CAN do a cake that is a dedication to the firemen. That would be nice.

or just do a nice stacked cake that will be eaten by a family. like if someone asked for a cake for a dinner party.

I just did a benifit cake for a girl that died, HEr favorite thing is the world was Jeff Gordan. So my cake reflected that. Everyone thought it was a beautiful tribute to her life and her passion. the one I did for my church was a wooden cross. it was well recieved, of course it was easter.

If I was doing a 'generic' benifit cake, I might just do tiers in fondant, with pretty borders, maybe a bow on top.

The other thing I have done is had them raffle off a cake, the winner then picked the date and the type of cake (in a certain range)- it was then personalized to their tastes, (john deere emblem).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%