Cricut Cake....cut The Design On My Mat!

Decorating By Malakin Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 6:43pm by tiggy2

Malakin Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 5

I've looked on here and have read a lot of the Cricut cake info. I got mine yesterday. I definitely watched the video first before trying, read the book, fixed everything up, rolled out the gumpaste, loaded the mat....
It even cut the design pretty good but the thing is, when I took the gumpaste off of my mat, it had cut the design into the mat!!! Aagghh.. So, I reread the instructions, definitely doublechecked what the woman on the dvd said about speed and pressure, yep, I set those at exactly what she said, High on both. What did I do wrong? I saw somewhere where you could adjust the blade length but not with the blade I have. It is a single unit to where only the blade comes out for cleaning. I was too afraid to try anymore and cut the mat even more than I already did. It luckily didn't go through the mat all the way but you can feel and see all the cuts. Any suggestions please!!!!

4 replies
AXOCutie143 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 5

It's going to make cuts on the mat. I bought 4 mats so I can rotate them and make them last longer. I'm pretty sure the regular Cricut does this too.

Malakin Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 5

Oh thank goodness. I had never used a Cricut before in any way at all and hadn't even seen one used so I really thought I messed it up! No where in the book or dvd did it say that, it only mentioned using them for so long but didn't say why. Not to mention they are pretty deep cuts too. I'll buy some more mats than, after I practice a lot with this one. Thanks!

catlharper Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 5

Nope, you did it right. All cricut products cut into the mats. I also have several mats and rotate them out. The other reason is that I can have several different colors drying over night and cut them out all at the same session for different cakes.

tiggy2 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 5

Reduce the pressure a little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%