What Would You Make...

Lounge By mommicakes Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 5:32am by mkolmar

mommicakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 17

Hi everyone..

Let me start this thread off by saying I'm not here to toot my own horn, just curious...

Today is my birthday, and was wondering,

if you (or someone else) could make one thing for yourself and only for you, as a treat wether it be a dinner, a dessert, a snack...

What would it be?
I haven't been able to put my finger on just one thing yet. icon_lol.gif

16 replies
DanaMae Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 17

Happy Birthday mommicakes! Hope your day if fabulous! Mine is tomorrow...it's a big one so I'm keeping a low profile around the family...trying not to draw attention to myself...lol.

You pose a good question...at the moment, I would love for someone to bring me a yummy Starbucks hazelnut latte, extra large, please.

Have a wonderful day!
D

JGMB Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 17

Happy Birthday to both of you! party.gif

One of my favorite things in the world is custard pie, so I'd hope for that.

mightydragon663 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 17

Happy birthday Mommicakes and DanaMae! icon_biggrin.gif

My B-day was last month and my staff made a movie basket for me. OMG!!! It was the best ever birthday present! They filled it with popcorn, diet coke and yummy movie snacks and a Blockbuster gift card! I tend to like salty stuff over sweet, so it could not have been any more perfect! icon_lol.gif

Karen421 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:45am
post #5 of 17

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I don't know, I have been on a diet for soooo long anything would be a treat at this point, so just enjoy!!!

cakesbycathy Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:24am
post #6 of 17

Happy Birthday!

French silk pie.

redpanda Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:30am
post #7 of 17

Happy Birthday, birthday buddy! (Today's mine, too!)

I think it would have to be cedar-planked salmon with a maple spice rub with grilled veggies.

mamawrobin Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:45am
post #8 of 17

Happy Birthday to all of you thumbs_up.gif .

My grandmother's peanut butter cake with caramelized peanut butter icing. From scratch of course. thumbs_up.gif

TJCanadian Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:44pm
post #9 of 17

Its our family tradition that my Mom made German Chocolate Cake, with Coconut Pecan Frosting from scratch for each of our birthdays. I'd make that for myself, because I don't like store bought ones, they're too sweet. I don't let Mom make mine anymore however....she's changed it to some kind of gluten free, sugar substitute thing so Dad can eat it too....but its just not the same. icon_smile.gif

princesssalamander Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:53pm
post #10 of 17

home made cheesecake!! It's a must in this house I love it! Don't like shop bought one's anymore only the one's we make at home! I've got so fussy lol Failing that something scrummy my DH makes, he's an ex-chef (due to disabilities) but he does make some nice food!

catlharper Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:00pm
post #11 of 17

Boston Creme Pie...I know, I know, it's a cake but I LOVE it so much and I'm the only one in my family now that my dad has passed. SIGH.

Not really complaining tho'...my wonderful caker daughter makes me a wonderful cake every birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

kakeladi Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 1:50am
post #12 of 17

Just ONE?? No, there is not just one thing. It must be a meal of pot roast w/carrots. potatoes and lots, and lots of gravy icon_smile.gif
I think that's one of the foods I miss the most.
Of course, it would be my LAST meal as I cannot eat beef anymore without having an asthema attack icon_sad.gif

PiccoloChellie Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:03am
post #13 of 17

Eastern Carolina style pulled pork complete with slaw & hushpuppies. A buffet of it, please. And some fried pickles on the side. It must be washed down with gallons of sweet tea.

I miss living in the South. icon_sad.gif

leily Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:17am
post #14 of 17

Happy Birthday!

Like others mine would be a meal, not just one thing.
Appetizer - Lemon Bars
Dinner - Stuffed Parmesean chicken with angel hair pasta and spaghetti sauce.
Dessert - My Great Grandma's chocolate cake dusted with powdered sugar, nothing beats it (and i'm a yellow cake girl... usually don't want chocolate)

tesso Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 3:00am
post #15 of 17

ohh.. to dreammm...

my hubby's spaghetti and meat balls with french bread..WITH all the garlic added... icon_biggrin.gif

with a trip to ER as a chaser since I am allergic to garlic.. icon_sad.gif

for dessert.. Triple chocolate cheese cake.. agghhh... icon_biggrin.gif

with another chaser to the ER for gastritis.. icon_sad.gif

for a treat.. DH and one of his massages. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES !!

jqorso Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 3:31am
post #16 of 17

What a fun post! Happy birthday everyone.

I would make me some liquid nitrogen ice cream!

mkolmar Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 5:32am
post #17 of 17

Fillet Mignon.
For dessert a cannoli. I'm talking a real Italian cannoli. Fabulous every time. Mine was last week and the fillet and cannoli, with a few other fixin's is what I had.

Happy birthday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%