Slide Cookies?

Baking By BlackFlour Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 2:15pm by cheatize

BlackFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlackFlour Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know of any 'slide' themed cookie cutters, or have any examples of a slide cookie? I have a friend who's wanting some cookies for her daughter's birthday, and because they're having the party at the park, she wants some slide cookies. (cookies that look like a slide at a playground) hehe icon_smile.gif Thanks so much everyone!!!

6 replies
BlackFlour Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:02am
post #2 of 7

Anyone please? icon_smile.gif

LilaLoa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilaLoa Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:05am
post #3 of 7

I can't say that I have ever seen cookies that look like a slide. But if it were me, I would find some cute clip art, cut it out, and use it as a template for cutting out the cookie and then as a guide for decorating the cookie.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:15am
post #4 of 7

At first thought you could be creative and do a 3D cookie, but you would have to do it using a template, not a cutter. I've never seen slides before in sugar, but I'm sure it's been done at some point. Or you could do the clip art/projector thing and draw a slide on a cookie.

BlackFlour Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 7

I've looked and looked, can't find any cutters, or even examples of slide cookies! lol Come on creativity! haha Thanks for the help! I think i'll probably just be freehanding this one!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 7

Try this. I typed in "free playground slide clip art" in an image search and lots of stuff came up. Pattern transfer this onto the cookie and decorate.
LL

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:15pm
post #7 of 7

I was flipping through an old Wilton book last night and saw something that might help. They used the big icer tip to make cookies. They used the tip ridged side up, but perhaps you could use it ridge side down and move the tip to make a wave when piping the cookies. Once decorated, use icing to glue something edible underneath to make the slide stand up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%